Monday, April 20, 2009

Gods Word Finding a Home

This morning has been such a stinkin blessing. i woke up way to early but got to hang with my grandpa before he went to take a bone scan and more tests. we had breakfast smoothies and just talked. such a cool way to start of a school day. but it just got better. here is something that blew my mind during my quiet time

John 8:11 " If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples"

the word abide means to remain,stay, dwell, reside, to have ones abode or home in. i also heard John Piper say that the word abide means to take root.

just the def alone got me really thinking. Can i say that im abiding in Gods word? do i remain in his word? is it taking root in my life and mind? Does his word find a home in me? And if it does then im truly his disciple. Jon Courson said that a disciple is not only one who follows Jesus but one who continues in, takes heed to, and makes high priority of. so when Gods word is abiding in me, im going to continue in his word, im going to take heed to, and im going to make it a priority. hold rusted metal batman that is so awesome!!!!!! and it gets better.

John 15:7 " If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you"

If we remain in the Lord and his word remains in us we can trust that we ask him for something he is faithful to answer and act.(psalm 37:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment