Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Content in the Message



I was having a conversation with a friend a while back and we were talking about not getting anything from messages or not really getting anything form quiet time. we were talking as if it was normal to walk away from the word and not learn a thing. i was reading today and was reminded that if you walk away from listening to the word or reading it and we walk away with nothing then maybe i went in not expecting anything? "Guard your steps when you go to the house of God, to draw near to listen is better.." Ecc 5:1. this verse convicted me. am i going before the Lord saying "God i am here to listen, speak to me" i know that i if i were to go into any message or my quiet time that God will speak to me no matter who is teaching or what is on my heart. his word is living and active and it never comes back to empty but will accomplish his purpose. if the reason we have messages and devotion time is to learn more about out God then he will show us more about him, it will add to our joy. we wont walk away unchanged

God help me to always be prepared to hear from you. you have not told me that you will only speak to me every once in while but that if i am your sheep i will know you voice, that my delight will be in the law of the Lord if i meditate on it day and night,that your word are sweeter than honey and the honeycomb. Father let my soul be consumed with longing for you word at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment